In the past, students have received funding for the following projects:
● Academic summer camps, workshops, and conferences
● Travel to state, regional, and national competitions
● Materials for students experiments and projects (Including STEM Fest and Invent Iowa)
Grant applications are evaluated based on their ability to enhance education and prepare students for success in college, career, and citizenship.
● Applicants must be a student(s) in the Waterloo Community School District.
● The application must be completed by the student(s), not a teacher or parent.
● Funding may only be used to support academic opportunities.
● Applications must follow District Policy 701.9. This means applications must be accompanied by a completed Funding Guidelines Checklist.
Applicants are encouraged to contact our office prior to grant submission. We are happy to answer questions about the eligibility requirements and application process.
Please fill out the Funding Allocation Request Form and email [email protected] to notify us of your submission. After your Request Form is reviewed you will be contacted with the next step in the application process.